The Maury County Chamber & Economic Alliance is currently hiring for a Workforce Development & Existing Industry Program Manager. This is a brand new position within our organization. Read on to see if this sounds like a good fit for you or someone you know.
Job Title: Workforce Development & Existing Industry Program Manager
Level: Junior to Mid-Level Position
Team: Economic Development
Reports to: Vice President, Economic Development
This is a new position on the Economic Development Team at the Maury County Chamber & Economic Alliance. The Workforce Development & Existing Industry Program Manager has the unique opportunity to play a formulative role across all aspects of the recently created ALIGN Maury workforce development initiative as well as further developing the existing business support program. The position will focus on two main objectives. First, on the implementation and coordination of recommendations resulting from the ALIGN Maury Workforce Alignment Study. Second, on improving the existing business support program and developing it into a best-in-class program. A successful applicant will be a motivated and creative problem solver who excels at building relationships and operates well under minimal supervision. This is an opportunity to shine and come build solutions for the fastest growing county in Tennessee. For more information on the ALIGN Maury workforce development initiative please visit: https://www.alignmaury.org/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Lead ALIGN Maury implementation efforts with support and direction from the VP, Economic Development and the ALIGN Maury Task Force
– Coordinate ALIGN Maury committees, working groups, and meetings
– Cultivate strong relationships with key workforce development partners including, but not limited to employers, Maury County Public Schools, Columbia State Community College, TCAT’s, local WIOA partners, regional higher education institutions, and local private schools
– Develop creative solutions to improve the effectiveness of the existing industry support program and alignment of workforce development and talent recruitment efforts
– Conduct existing industry visits, identify expansion opportunities, and develop programming in support of local industry success
– Prepare clear and effective reports on program of work progress
– Maintain up-to-date existing industry records in CRM system
– Market the Maury workforce to prospects and existing industry seeking to create jobs
This is intended to be a description of the general nature and level of work to be performed. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
– Prior experience working with or within the workforce development ecosystem preferred
– Ability to advance a plan of work by compiling and translating volunteer and stakeholder feedback into tangible action items and consistently drive those action items to completion
– Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
– Works well in a team environment and as part of a team
– Ability to work with little or no supervision
– Highly organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
– Must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals
– Demonstrates customer service orientation with both internal and external customers
– Professional written and oral communications skills
– Able to negotiate with and influence others
– Technical skills required: Microsoft Office Suite
– Technical skills preferred: experience using Salesforce, graphic design programs, EMSI, JobsEQ, and publicly available workforce data
– A four-year degree in related field or work equivalent
– Valid drivers license and reliable personal transportation
The Maury County Chamber and Economic Alliance (MCCEA) was created in 1999 to serve as the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization for Maury County, Tennessee. Maury County, with a population of approximately 100,000, includes the cities of Columbia, Spring Hill and Mt. Pleasant.
The Maury Alliance serves local businesses by connecting members to improve business opportunities, advocating on behalf of its members as well as providing members cost savings and education. The Alliance also provides comprehensive economic development services for Maury County including existing industry expansion/retention as well as new industry recruitment.
The organization’s membership currently stands over 500, with a professional staff of nine. For more information, go to www.mauryalliance.com.
Maury Alliance is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or veteran status.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits are competitive with market value and commensurate with experience.
By email, please submit a cover letter (addressed to Travis Groth, Vice President, Economic Development) and resume to Office Manager, Tri-Nette Casimier at tcasimier@mauryalliance(dot)com. All submissions will be treated confidentially, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. References may be requested later in the hiring process.