Job Title: Event Manager
Reports To: President
The Maury County Chamber and Economic Alliance (MCCEA) was created in 1999 to serve as the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization for Maury County, Tennessee. Maury County, with a population of approximately 89,000, includes the cities of Columbia, Spring Hill and Mt. Pleasant.
The Maury Alliance serves local businesses by connecting members to improve business opportunities, advocating on behalf of its members as well as providing members cost savings and education. The Alliance also provides comprehensive economic development services for Maury County including existing industry expansion/retention as well as new industry recruitment.
The organization’s membership currently stands over 450, with a professional staff of eight. For more information, go to www.mauryalliance.com.
The Events Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning and managing high quality events that contributes to the organization’s goals of membership, community, revenue and overall economic growth
The ideal candidate must be able to work collaboratively with other staff/marketing team members to ensure that events are in line with the strategic plan, annual budget and values of the entire organization.
The Events Manager is a highly visible representative of the MCCEA and must display an exemplary manner of business and professionalism at all times.
- Work closely with the Chamber Director and Economic Development Director to plan, implement and evaluate assigned MCCEA events, assuring they stay within budget guidelines. This will include scheduling, marketing, logistics, venue inspection/analysis, vendor orders, problem identification/resolution, staff/volunteer management during event and other event critical tasks
- Work closely with the Communications Director to develop and carry out marketing strategies for events
- Maintain internal and external organizational calendar of events and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Assist with event communications channels such as website, invitations, etc.
- Assist, with input from other staff, the creation and distribution of any assigned electronic communication
- Assist with some social media and email marketing related to events
- Maintain and monitor event supplies, including inventory and purchase when necessary
- Provides strategic input for future event development and redesign as needed
- Take photos and videos at MCCEA events, and maintain archive for use in future communications when needed
- Field inquiries about event postings on the website and social media
- Maintain all records for assigned events, including registration and attendance report and anticipated revenue/expense report
- Responsible for coordinating the collection of any event fees
- Responsible for securing sponsorships for various Chamber events and programs
- Willingness to “hit the ground running” and take part in a rapid onboarding process
- Other tasks as directed
- A four-year degree in related field or equivalent
- Project management capabilities with prior experience in event planning a plus
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals, including volunteers
- Able to negotiate with and influence others
- Knowledge of social media management
- Professional written and oral communications skills
- Works well in a team environment and as part of a team
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports
- Technical skills required: Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Required to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends to be at Chamber events and to reach deadlines, complete responsibilities and any additional items prior to event date
- Technical skills preferred: Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign, E-mail marketing platforms (i.e. Constant Contact, Emma)
Compensation and benefits:
Compensation and benefits are competitive with market value and commensurate with experience.
Position Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Please submit cover letter and resume (email preferred) to:
Wil Evans, President, Maury Alliance
PO Box 1076
Columbia, TN 38401
All submissions will be treated confidentially
This is intended to be a description of the general nature and level of work to be performed. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.